1. ROOF SYSTEM
- Flat roof covering.
- Sloped roof covering.
- Roof drainage systems.
- Exterior wall covering, flashing, exterior trim.
- Exterior doors, windows and window wells.
- Attached decks, balconies, steps and porches.
- Eaves, soffits, and fascia, where accessible from the ground level.
- Grading around the house.
- Down pipes and the down pipes extensions
- Garage gas proof, the garage doors and garage door operators.
- Drive ways and walk ways.
- Basement walk-outs.
3. STRUCTURAL SYSTEM
- The accessible structural components of the foundation and super structure.
- Accessible componentsof floor, wall structure, and ceiling structure.
- Floor rattling and squeaking.
- Accessible components of roof structure (trusses, rafters, and sheeting).
- Accessible steel beams, wood beams and columns.
- Suspended concrete floor slabs and slab on grade.
- Accessible wall bearing and joist hangers.
- Visible cracks in the foundation walls, settlement and frost up-lift.
4. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- The service drop, service equipment and the service grounding.
- The interior components of service panels and sub panels.
- Location of the main electrical panel.
- The size of the service.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI)
- Representative number of electrical outlets.
- Type of the distribution wiring (copper, aluminum or knob & tube).
5. HEATING SYSTEM
- Heating equipment’s (roof tops, furnaces, boilers)
- Furnace efficiency (conventional, mid efficiency &high efficiency).
- Type of fuel (gas, oil, electricity).
- Baseboard heaters, fan heaters, radiant heat.
- Air filters and electronic, electrostatic air filters.
- Adequate air for combustion.
- Vent system and the flues.
- Duct system (air supply & air return).
- Heat recovery ventilation (HRV).
6. AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
- The central air conditioning systems
7. PLUMBING SYSTEM
- Location water meter and the main shut-off valve.
- Interior water supply and distribution systems.
- The functioning of all plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Water pressure.
- Location of basement floor drain.
- Condition of caulking & grout in the showers & tubs.
- Attic insulation
- Insulation and vapour barriers in unfinished spaces.
- The “R” Value of the insulation.
- Mechanical ventilation systems for the washrooms & kitchens.
- The ventilation of the furnaces, hot water tanks
- Walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Evidence of water leaks in the ceiling
- Steps, stairways, hand railing and railings.
- Representative number of doors and windows.
- Presence of smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors
- Evidence of water leaks in the basement.
- Squeaks in the floor.